Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Luxury launch for MMM enthusiast in HK


Flicking through the boyfriends weekly lifestyle magazine, where I just get to view the photo's and not read the words, I came across a promo' page of Maison Martin Margiela's third year Anniversary in HK. In celebration, MMM have created a limited edition Majong set to be given to those who purchase over HK$8,999 (£700) (US$1,161) in their fall 2009 collection.



I can't say I'm overly excited about these little tiles of a game that require strategy, calculation and memorization, considering I've never learnt to play. However, I do have a bundle of ideas of what I would do with it, if I ever owned this minimalist set, for 1. attaching them onto my bathroom wall as decor.


MMM surely knows how to win the hearts of the Chinese community who enjoy the affinity for long marathon hours of Majong playing.

(photo source: hypebeast)

14 comments:

Toothfairynotes said...

I don't play, but this is the cooleset majong set I've ever seen! kinda expensive though... :P


*loves*

Shopn'Chomp said...

O-m-g...sheer marketing genius I tell ya. I never learned how to play either. Creative idea you have to turn them into bathroom tiles!

amynaree said...

that set is adorable lol.. i would get it just to look at it :D

Ahleessa said...

Thank you for following my blog, as well as, visiting! :) I would love to play this game, but hot dang it's expensive... hehe~

May said...

This is the cutest set of majong! I know how to play mj since I was young but, not a fan of it. I would save it as a collection. What an awesome idea to attach it as bathroom tiles:]

Midtown Girl said...

Wall decor is a great idea - LOL! Or maybe as a tile mosaic?

XOXO

Torie Jayne said...

This is gorgeous! x

Blair said...

Oooh, I play Mahjong but I'm not forking £700 for that set!!!

When I was super into Mahjong a couple of years back, I even dreamt of Mahjong hahaha. And, my friends would call me up for breakfast and I'll decline (cos I'm a sleepyhead) but once they mention the word Mahjong, I'll be like 'I'll get ready now' hahaha

Shanghainese Dumpling said...

Cute MJ set :)

Amanda K said...

I love playing MJ! =X

Zoe said...

This is a very cool majong set, I have always wanted to play coz I really like watching HK dramas and they have it in all the dramas ...

M said...

wow that mahjong set looks like sex, thank god i don't play mj

MiuMiu said...

so cute, but more than $1000USD before getting it as a gift? wow

MizzJ said...

MJ seems so complicated to play but for a chic set like this it might be worth it!