Thursday, July 2, 2009

Skin Analyzing Device

There are many beauty magazines I've come across in HK that illustrate product comparisons, especially for masks and creams, which show a percentage of moisture level to indicate a more accurate hydration result. Therefore I've been in search for a skin analyzing device to help determine if certain brands of hydrating products truly work for me.



I've come across a few sold online, which I was quite skeptical about, and those that looked more professional cost $$$$$$, so I almost gave up on the idea, until one day, the bf walked through the door with the gadget in hand. (GRIN)

Needless to say, I've been playing with it since, I can't say if it's 100% accurate, but the skin analyzer claims to detect the skin condition, allowing you to measure the percentage of moisture level, and oiliness in the skin by showing three different faces and two percentage's at the end of your analysis.




This is the result after my cleansing routine- indicating a low moisture level and dry skin.

Result after my serum application- Higher water retention, but still an unbalanced water/oil level.


Result after day cream application- Tadaaaaa!! Finally well balanced skin.

6 comments:

Shanghainese Dumpling said...

Wooow this is too cute, where can I get one?

Miss.Friendz said...

The bf bought it from a gadget store in HK. I've seen others shaped as a pen, sold on ebay. They may be worth trying too.

Shopn'Chomp said...

Oh, I want one too! Is it pricey?

kirin said...

I remember that sometimes when I went to department stores in Tokyo, shop girls who worked for make-up and skin care brands walked up to me with a professional gadget, asking if they can check my skin condition with it. They were planning to sell moisturizer or something but at that time my skin was perfect and they were just surprised with no sales pitch to me after all.

Time has passed, and there's no way like this happen to me again now. :lol: I miss those days!

Blair said...

I'm seconding Shopn'Chomp!!! What a nifty gadget!!!

fuyumini said...

Wow~ so handy, I want one too!