Wednesday, July 22, 2009

79 pennies well spent


The lighting I'm getting in the apartment is pretty unpredictable. Before I get the camera out it's nice and sunny, as soon as I take a few snap shots the sun vanishes. I think someone up above is playing hide and seek with me.


EOTD- raring to capture the true colours.



Used Too faced shadow insurance
Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes pencil 01
Maybelline Ultra Liner waterproof (black)
Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen Feline mascara
Ettusais 02 caramel eyeshadow
Shu Uemura Pressed eyeshadow N IR Black 990
NARS Night Breed

NARS Night Breed is a shade of black with iridescent silver glitter.
I'm surprised I haven't hit the pan yet, as I use this shade quite frequently, it can be quite sheer which is good for a day look or layered for a darker/pigmented effect for an evening out.



Shu Uemura N IR Black 990
certainly more grey than black.



I recently purchased a Daiso sponge detergent after reading Aichaku's review. I must say my HK$10 (79p) was very well spent and I'm pretty gobsmacked at how well it works. Although it's specified for sponges/puff's I still gave my brushes a wash with this and they're now so clean and fluffy.

I have been informed that it's a pretty harsh detergent and shouldn't be used for delicate sponges let alone brushes, so only try this at your own risk.

But in my opinion the Daiso detergent feels milder than the regular MAC brush cleanser I use. MAC has such a strong smell of alcohol, after washing the brushes even my hands feel EXTRA dry, whereas Daiso is unscented and far from the thumbs down result I get with the MAC cleanser. I would definitely recommend this product to those who love cleaning their sponges as much as I do.



17 comments:

Zoe said...

Great review^^loving ur eyes..btw,I am curious about ur Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen Feline mascara,as we don't have it here ,how does it work?

funkiimonkee said...

Hello! I love the shu uemura E/s colour:) Have you tried using Johnson's baby shampoo tp wash your brushes? its cheap and it smells great and does a good job too!

Shanghainese Dumpling said...

Woow good job with your dark eye shadow and Love the Nars shadow, so pretty and it sparkles hehe :). I'm so not good at applying black eye shadows, just don't know where to start and when to stop, so I kinda give up now. But you did it very well, I must try again one day :)

Diane said...

Great EOTD. I've beening wanting to try that Nars Night Breed but was scared it would be too dark on me, but it looks really good so I might have to go buy it now. =) Thanks!

Shopn'Chomp said...

I heart Daiso. It's a shame we don't have one in L.A. :( Wow, 79 cents! You just can't beat that.

That smokey EOTD just screams "SEX"! I've yet to try any black e/s. I think b/c I'm still learning how to work with my eyeball shape...hahaha!

Mahmood said...

Your blog is very nice. The images are very beautiful. Wish you all the best. God is Great.
ornamental fishes.blogspot.com

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

looking great in black!

great to hear about that daiso product! im using the shiseido sponge cleanser, it works well and its cheap :)

Savvy Mode SG said...

i like shu uemura eye shadows.

MizzJ said...

Great EOTD, it's a such a prime example of how to wear black shadows in the day. I heart Nars, I'll have to pick up that shade next time I hit up Sephora :)

Blair said...

Hmm... the Shu Uemura e/s looks like it has blue tints to it!

Oooh, I have a Daiso sponge cleaner as well! But I'm scared of using it on my brushes =[

Blair said...

Oh yeah, nice EOTD! I don't have the skills to use dark colours on my lids yet, any tips?

Miss.Friendz said...

Blair I've emailed you with a few tips :)

MiuMiu said...

i need to look out for that sponge cleaner. i hate how some brush cleaners have so much alcohol in it, i used one by a brand called Quo and it made my hands dry.
the shimmer in the nars shadow looks pretty~

Sharon Rose said...

Hi there-love your use of these beauty products my dear, I love your jewellery in the post below too!

Yumeko said...

i'm doing well sweets, thanks for asking
hope u are well too!

i have the sponge cleaner but i keep forgetting to use it haha

Joey said...

Black e/s looks good on you. I should try black one day.

amynaree said...

love your EOTD! gorgeous!