Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A late Haul!!

The following haul was purchased a month ago, but I wanted to try everything before I made reviews on them, so here we go:


Caudalie Pulpe Vitaminee 1st Wrinkle Serum:
I love the smell of grapes from this product, as other than the packaging that gave me the first impression- which was not all that great, the smell made up for it.

It's a very thin fluid like consistency and glides onto the skin, where it's soaked up very quickly. But I had to use several pumps to get enough to cover the full face. After a month's use, I haven't seen much difference to my skin, it is a very smoothing serum, but other than that, I'm not too hyped about it. I've almost finished the entire bottle (after 4 weeks), which was purchased in SaSa during the sales, and even after the 20% discount (HK$480) (USD61), it was still quite pricey compared to online offers I've seen in the US. Will I purchase it again?? I doubt it!!



Zeno Hair waving Holder:
This was something I picked up off the racks whilst I was queuing to pay for my goods LOL! Did it give me the perfect fringe curl?? I'm afraid not, I even took before and after photo's, but it was honestly pointless to post them up, as both pics almost looked identical. I would have achieved a better curl with just a round brush.


Cellniq-b.liv 'off with those heads' pro sebum gel:
After a quick skin analyzing test that was made in SaSa, I was introduced to this product, which I know has been out for years in the States and other parts of Asia, but apparently it's quite new to the HK market. The packaging reminded me of drugstore sun screens, I know they've repackaged the product in order to market towards teenagers as well, but could they not have come up with something more tasteful?

Off with those heads as the name states, is to remove black/white heads and control sebum production. The directions states to use 2-3 pumps, but 1 is already more than enough for my T.Zone. It's a clear gel that smells of tea tree oil but the fragrance doesn't linger. During the first week I had to constantly blot my nose as the amount of grease produced was enough to fry chicken LOL! There is a precaution about this on the box.

I am quite pleased with my purchase as it has dramatically improved the level of sebum secretion and my T.Zone is now less greasy, I'm almost white head free too. Hopefully I'll no longer have to use a blemish extractor. Apparently constant use of an extractor can cause bigger pores. Has anyone tried Derma RX Comedone Formula? Or Suqqu Pore Purifying Effector???


Shiseido Silky Eye Shadow Duo- S10 Granite Stone
For office days, I tend to use more earthy shades, but when I came across this duo compact, it was quite appealing. With just a wash of the light pink, and a little granite black, I could still get away with a fresh and light look. I used this compact over the weekend, and managed a smokey evening style too, so it's quite versatile to keep in the make up bag, for transforming day to night looks.

10 comments:

Yumeko said...

i like the name of the off with those heads! i gotta get me some when i go to hk!!!!

Jamilla Camel said...

I love the eye shadow and Caudalie products are great!

Miss.Friendz said...

Jamilla did you use the Caudalie moisturiser to follow up with the serum?

It smells divine, but didn't do a great job for me. Maybe I need to go through another bottle to see more of a difference, or possible use their moisturiser as well??

Blair said...

Those products look nice! Imo, Cellniq's packaging was nicer before the transformation lol I'm glad that it's really working well for you!

Thank you for complimenting my FOTD! =D

Miss.Friendz said...

I've seen the old Cellniq packaging, from another site and I must say it looked SO MUCH BETTER then.

M said...

hmmmm i need to consider something like that instead of extractor then. its probably better :P

Shopn'Chomp said...

Hahaha...I have the hair holder too. You're right. Pretty useless. :(

BTW, you mentioned Cellniq being out in the States for years yet I've never seen or heard of it except on your blog and Xiaxue's. (??) Maybe I've been living under a rock...LOL.

P.S The Youtube vid was soo funny. She is such a pretty lady too.

aichaku-愛着 said...

omg that "off with those heads" sounds fabulous. wonder if it's available here in singapore.

Jennifer said...

Hi ms friendz i have not tried MAC's cleanser yet, i think those cleansers are too $$ and i can use baby shampoo instead lol. but SU's cleanser is really pro. but it uses up quickly /.\

hunny said...

yes, off with those heads is available in SIN or you can purchase via their webby www.blivskin.com and they offer FREE shipping within 5 working days :)