Monday, June 15, 2009

Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen Mascara Review

Many ladies have their personal preferences in selecting a mascara and I for one have been on a quest for a sublime mascara for years. Opting for some snazzy Oomph for my short and fine lashes.

The following are amongst a few that's given me a slightly more positive result:


(Reviews from Left to right)


Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen
Pros: Lengthens, curls, pigmented, separates lashes, volume, doesn't smudge.
Cons: Slightly clumps after 50% of usage, pricey.
9/10

Bourjois Paris- Pump Up The Volume Waterproof Mascara
Pros: Curls, lengthens, gives volume, cheap and cheerful.
Cons: Slight flaking after several hours of wear.
8/10

Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus
Pros: Separates lashes, no clumping, no smearing, lengthens.
Cons: Slightly difficult to remove, doesn't give volume or hold curls, not too keen on the comb.
7.5/10

MAC Plush Lash & MAC Prep + Prime
Pros: Used together this gives volume & lengthens and it's very pigmented.
Cons: Slightly droops my curls, pricey having to purchase the two.
6.5/10

Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen Feline
Pros: Lengthens, curls, volume, pigmented, separates lashes, waterproof, I love how it's buildable and the brush doesn't pick up too much mascara in one go.
Cons: Slightly clumps after 50% of usage, pricey, little difficult to remove.
9/10

Maxfactor Masterpiece
Pros: Separates lashes, Lengthens, IFX brush is great coating small lower lashes.
Cons: Not enough volume, doesn't curl enough.
7/10


Final Verdict- To me Helena Rubinstein WINS this round!!!



Don't we all love before and after pictures- well I do! \(*v*)/
Here's my first quick demonstration, used Helena Rubinstein's Lash Queen Feline with NO mascara base.
(Excuse the poor lighting, and my unconcealed eyebags)



My scary eye pics!






This is not the best of illustrations as I was in a rush when applying the mascara and taking the pics, having only applied a thin coat. So do take note you get a much better result when giving the lashes a thicker coat and evenly distributing the mascara.

7 comments:

Old Cow said...

I used to be quite a HR fan but then it became impossible to get hold of over here and so i move onto Dior......and i do so love Dior mascaras.

Great post!!

Miss.Friendz said...

I finished my Dior Iconic, which I love, so went on to try the HR, and I'm lurving it.

Blair said...

The cheetah packaging is so unique!!!

Jess said...

I LOVE mascara reviews and comparisons! ;) Great review! Thanks!

I'll have to try out the HR Lash Queen Feline (but the waterproof version) some time.

I got 3 MM Lash Expander Frame Plus mascaras from Taiwan recently, and sadly I have to find out that it's not really working for me... :/

shanghainese Dumpling said...

Oh that's huge difference with lengthening :) COooooollll I got that HR feline one too hehe

Shanghainese Dumpling said...

Oh shoot i mean i got HR feather sorry

Zoe said...

I am so fond of mascaras,great review^^thanks...I wish they sold them here^^;