Monday, June 29, 2009

Brief review on No'7 Protect & Perfect

I picked up the No'7 Protect & Perfect Beauty serum and Day Cream whilst I was in London earlier in the year. Apparently there was a huge hype about this serum a while back, after the product appeared on a documentary regarding anti-aging.


The No'7 Protect & Perfect Serum (known as No'7 Restore & Renew in the US market) claims to reduce the appearance of pores, smooths lines and wrinkles in just 4 weeks.

The texture of this serum is much thicker than any other serums I've tried, it feels more like a cream. But once it's spread onto the skin, it is slowly absorbed and you can feel the texture of your skin is noticeably softer. There is a slight scent, but nothing too overwhelming.

Overall it's not a bad product, but I don't think it's made a huge impact on the appearance of my skin, as the pores on my nose still stick out like a sore thumb, but it is noticeably smoother and softer. I still don't quite get what the hype was all about, and why it was flying off the shelves but at least my curiosity has come to an end, and I can keep on searching for a HG serum.

The Protect & Perfect Day Cream- the smell was the first thing I noticed after opening the glass jar, the artificial floral smell is just too strong for my liking. However, the texture of the cream is reasonably smooth. I only managed to use it for two weeks, and it's now left sitting in the corner of my dressing table. Which leaves this as an unfair review for this product, but somehow the smell just stops me from wanting to give it another try.


I now leave you with a photo of moi' with a silly cling-film over my head whilst I was getting my hair dyed back to black!!

Yes, the snotty tissues are all mine, and there I was thinking a spot of pampering would heal a cold!!

4 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

There WAS a huge stampede in the UK when a clinical study showed that the serum actually worked!

The serum is the star product, not the cream.

Cute mask!

Shopn'Chomp said...

Aw, love the impromptu hair pic...!

Sorry to hear the Boots items didn't work. I tried the line once and got the same (non)results. :( Beginning to think the line doesn't really work all that well on Asian skin.

Yumeko said...

if its anything better..thats a tiny amount of snotty tisues compared to mine hahahaha

i hope u are feeling better dear!

Blair said...

I agree with Yumeko!!! My waste paper basket has be emptied often lol but that is TMI.

I heard about the hype! But I didn't get anything... I totally should have =[