Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Skin care products of the month

I've always found that the skin care products you chose to use on your face/body should be decided upon what nutrients your skin needs, which I'm sure all of you already know. However, weather changes should also be a factor to consider, currently living in Hong Kong, where there is at least 8 months of heat and humidity, and 4 months of extra dry winters. It's a must to either change the brands of skin care products that you use, or to top up on the hydrating masks and step up on caring for your skin with a touch more attention when you endure a whether change.

After traveling quite frequently over the past several months, my skin has seriously taken its toll. So I've stocked up on two facial masks which I was very excited to try out.

I've always been pretty open minded about trying out different high/low end brands, so long I know the ingredients they enclose. So the first new mask I opted for was
the ISQUEEN Whitening Essence Collagen Mask, and the other is the DERMALOGICA Intensive Moisture Masque. I've tried both products out this week, and I'm quite happy to say that I was quite pleased with the results I got from the ISQUEEN. My skin did feel alot more hydrated and smoother after this product and it did give me the boost of moisture that I required.

I'm afraid I'm not quite sure where this product is made, as it's not stated on the back of the box, and the ingredients mentioned are not as detailed as those from other brands. But several friends of mine had already tried it, so I felt a touch more at ease in experimenting with them.

Ingredients: Collagen, Natural Botanical Whitening Essence,
Nano Vitamn E, Aloe Essence, Squalane, Glucan.

Functions: Using sophisticated
nano technology, ingredients such as collagen, vitamin E and whitening essence can be penetrated deep into the skin, providing a constant whitening and hydrating effect. Preventing the formation of darkening factors and reducing pigments, effectively against the harms of UV rays. Use it constantly and it will leave your skin supple and radiant.

I very much doubt that it helps against UV rays, but the moisturising effect I was quite pleased with, so I'm sure I'll be using this twice a week, and I'll then see if the final results of a month's use will brighten my skin. This product was brought from
SaSa in HK.

The
Dermalogica's Intensive moisture masque I used after the 'Dermalogica Skin refining Masque', I do prefer the skin refining masque more than the moisturising one, even though they both serve different purposes. As the moisture masque didn't do much for me.

Functions of the
Dermalogica Intensive moisture masque: A creamy moisture-replenishing masque that provides vital nourishment for ultra-dry skin, helping to alleviate fine lines and visible dryness. Contains no artificial colour or fragrance.

Maybe because I don't have any fine lines YET, that I didn't see any
difference after using it LOL, but overall I wasn't pleased with this product. My skin didn't feel soft or more hydrated after.

With my combination skin, I do get
alot of sebum pile up in my pores, and I'm still in search for a product that will reduce the appearance of pores. So if anyone has any recommendations I will gladly try them out.

The
Dermalogica's skin refining mask states:
A skin clarifying, texture refining masque with oil absorbing clays and purifying plant extracts to deep-cleanse the skin, helping to reduce oily-skin breakouts. Contains no
artificial fragrance or colour.

Another
Dermalogica product I'm testing out is the 'Antioxidant Hydramist', all I can say is so far so good : ) I use this as a toner, and pat this onto my face after my cleansing routine. It is so refreshing and again most importantly that it's hydrating and doesn't dry out my skin. Which is crucial for a toner, so that the products you apply onto your skin thereafter cleansing is thoroughly absorbed.

The product does state that it's for mature skin, but I would most certainly recommend this product for anyone above 26 years of age. As I do believe sustaining your beauty should start at a young age.

Functions: A refreshing antioxidant shield with flash firming properties to improve skin texture, fight damaging free radicals and intensely hydrate
alipoid, dehydrated skin. Contains no artificial colour or fragrance.

How it works: Pea extract creates an instant firming action to help lift and tighten skin.
WhiteTea, Licorice and Beta-Glucan help defend against the cause of skin aging.
Magnesium
Ascorby Palmitate stimulates collagen formation and inhibits collagen-degrading.
Palmitoyl Tripeptide-7 helps firm skin.

I've been using this product for one week now, and I give it the thumbs up.

3 comments:

Old Cow said...

I love face masks - especially sheet masks.

Never tried Deramlogica but I see they now have a Brightening line so I might have to!! LOL

I have just added you onto my blogroll so I can stalk you too!!

Miss.Friendz said...

Sorry for the late reply. I missed your comment- see what I mean about being dopey LOL!

Do let me know how you go if you decide to try out the Dermalogica brightening line. Overall, I'm quite happy with their products.

Shanghainese Dumpling said...

I only tried 2 products from Dermalogica, one's the over night acne gel thing I forgot the exact name and the other one is the Vitamin Mask, which I love :) I heard the face wash is really good the one with tinny scrubs