Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fresh Sugar Face Polish Review

I've used a fair amount of exfoliating creams and masks over the years and I tend to alternate those that I use each week, but I still love the 'Fresh Sugar Face Polish' -nourishing mask with strawberries, as it smells divine. The smell of sugar and strawberries just compliments the brand name so well...Fresh!

It's enriched with revitalizing brown sugar and antioxidant-rich wild strawberries, which work together to gently dissolve dead skin cells and reveal perfectly nourished skin. Apparently it's a Fresh bestselling item too. But does it truly live up to it's name???




The ingredients it contains:

SUCROSE
PROPYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE
PEG-7 GLYCERYL COCOATE
STEARALKONIUM HECTORITE
FRAGARIA VESCA (STRAWBERRY) FRUIT
PROPYLENE CARBONATE
EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELLILA) WAX
MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER
LIMONENE
FRAGRANCE (PARFUM)
LIMNANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL




The texture of the polish is creamy and slightly oily with fine sugar grains which melts into the skin after a few massaging motions. The annoying downfall of this product is that it comes in a round glass jar. Which means I have to use a spatula to dig out the polish- for hygiene reasons. Even though my hands are washed when applying skincare products, I still think it's unhygienic to dig my fingers in.

After cleansing my face, I tend to apply this polish to wet skin- even though it states it can be applied to dry. In my opinion using exfoliating scrubs on wet skin is less harsh and it'll help spread more easily.

Due to the fact that this isn't like regular exfoliators where you have to wash it off straight after, I tend to hop into the shower with it on and rinse it off after 10minutes. As I like how the steam in the shower helps my skin absorb the nutrients.



Overall I would give this product a 8/10 mainly cos it's a brown sugar polish which works far better than other grains and salts, as it's not drying compared to some exfoliators. Plus it can work as a two in one mask when you're feeling lazy. As it refines and hydrates the skin at the same time. The description does state it gives a glowing, luminous complexion after use, which I'm still questioning about. I do feel that it polishes away some of my flaky skin and it is pretty moisturising after use.

If they repackaged the container into something more hygienic and refined the sugar just a touch more I'd certainly give it a higher rating.

4 comments:

Blair said...

Oooh sugar+strawberry sounds like a delicious combination!!! I'm glad it works for you, although I do agree with you on the packaging issue

Miss.Friendz said...

Hi Blair,

Thanks for commenting. If only 'Fresh' noted the problem and would improve the packaging, I'd be a happy bunny.

Old Cow said...

Have you tried the Skin79 brown sugar facial scrub?? It is good too.

Thank you for your comment!! I WANT A LOUNGER TOOOOO!!!

Miss.Friendz said...

I've tried the 'Skin Food Black Sugar Mask', but not the Skin79 brown sugar facial scrub.

Thank you for your recommendation, will certainly give Skin79 a try.

Modern Classic Furniture just ROCKS!
After reading your post, I'll probably do a follow-up post with my chair LOL!