I'm sure you're all bored of me waffling on about the Jimmy Choo crossover, but hey, when a girl loves her shoes, what's there to do?
So the question is... Did I wake up early and get in line on the 14 Nov? YES, well sort of. Did I come home with goodies? NO. Well to cut a long story short I didn't wake up early enough and products were off the rack and in people's bags way earlier than I had predicted. So how did I get my hands on the items below?
Hong Kong's Yahoo auction site. It's far more lenient compared to EBay and as a first time buyer it's been a rewarding experience, I found the opportunity to "strike it lucky" i.e come across a friendly and helpful seller, bargain the price, save on delivery charges and get my hands on the item within the next day.
So what did I buy? Gray suede peep toe booties
Black leather shoulder Bag
My eyes had feast upon these since the collection preview, I can't wait to wear them out, but the only downfall is having to re-heel them first due to the delicate leather soles. I'm still apprehensive in parading these, but a walking stick may help.
Did any of you join the queue and pick up anything from the collection??
Whilst I was out shopping over the weekend, I spotted some delectable items that were ever so cute, I had to take a quick snap shot. They were not displayed like so, but naughty me decided to re-organize everything for the camera's sake.
What else did I pick up over the weekend? GuerlainOmbre Eclat 4 Shades in 480
The texture is silky smooth and absolutely divine. I'll post swatches up on my next post.
On the subject of shopping, I have found a fantastic shopping partner, in fact a bestie. She has a great sense of humor, somehow is able to read my mind LOL and is such a sweetie that there never seemed to be enough hours in the day to shop with her.
The only catch is, she lives in LaLa land so until I next see her, the only window shopping we can do together is by the internet. Meeting Lisa from Shop N' Chomp was so much fun. Dearest Lisa not only brought with her a fabulous smile but came bearing gifts.
Thank You So So Much Lisa I Miss you loads!!
To complete this post, I'll leave you with a photo of the latest YSLMOOK (Magazine book). Has anyone got their hands on one? It comes with a free canvas tote bag, of which I would say is far better quality than some I've received in the past.
Wyman Wong acclaimed lyricists/songwriter and fashion columnist in HK has collaborated with shoe retailer Pedder Red. Wyman has launched a collection of shoes inspired by four of whom he sees as influential designers of this era. I'm not sure about the comfortability of these shoes, but they would look so good on my shelf.
Oscar de la Renta
Yves Saint Laurent
On the subject of collaborations, here's a few more pics of the Jimmy Choo X H&M
Hello all, yet again I've disappeared from the blogger world and have gone into hiding in my own little planet. I certainly owe a few of you ladies reviews on products you've left comments and emails about, I will definitely get around to them, so do bare with me.
The question is: If you are going to allow us to spend a night at your home, we'd like to know the following:
1. What books are on your favorite shelf? Well firstly, my books are stored everywhere from a shelf to a cupboard as I just don't have enough space in my tiny apartment to have too many book shelves. I wouldn't say I have a favorite as yet, but I do like 'The Little Prince by Antoine De Saint-Exupery, and I enjoy reading from authors like Xinran, Haruki Murakami and Toni Parsons.
2. What DVDs are on your favorite shelf? Besides my love for shoes, cosmetics and so forth, movies certainly has a special place in my life that takes up quite a lot of my time LOL, I can go for hours on end, watching one after another.
'The shawshank redemption', 'The Reader', 'Match Point', 'Infernal Affairs' and 'Always' just to name a few that I like. As for drama series goes- Friends, The Cosby Show, SATC, Hotel Babylon. TVB series- 'In the chamber of Bliss 蔡鍔與小鳳仙' (no it's not porn LOL) and 'Rosy Business 巾幗梟雄'.
3. What are your two favorite cookbooks? I don't have any favorites, as I search for recipes on the internet.
4. Select 1-3 recipes you will cook for your special guests.
Thai pomelo salad; Steamed hairy crabs; Wagyu steak with mixed vegies and new potatoes; I'll attempt to make desert like the following pic...yeh rite- I'll probably go and buy it instead.
5. What will we be drinking that's available? Red/White wine from Chile, Veuve Clicquot bubbly, Lychee martini cocktail, Whiskey, and for those who prefer the non-alcohol I'll serve some juice, ice-tea and I'll hand you a can of coke.
I hope you all leave with smiles on your face and invite me over to your gaff for some yummy food.
A Big Thank You to Amy and Blovet Beauty for awarding me the 'Hottest Female Blogger' and last but not least Midtown Girl for awarding me the 'One Lovely Blog Award', thank you dear ladies.